To heady

Other topics - beer-related or not.

To heady

Postby bobby » Tuesday Aug 07, 2012 10:42 am

Hi everyone;I have a problem with my Wal,s black ale. When i poor it into a cold glass(glass on side poor very slowly) all iget is half a glass of beer and half glass of head takes a long time to drink a largy. when I brewed I put in a 1kg extra sugar would this do it.
bobby

Re: To heady

Postby warra48 » Tuesday Aug 07, 2012 10:49 am

Impossible to comment on the limited information available.

Please give us the full make up or recipe of your brew, including your OG and FG readings, yeast used, and how long fermented and at what temperature.

Most probably you didn't ferment long enough before bottling, and it's continued to ferment.
The extra kg of sugar wouldn't do it if your brew was long enough in the fermenter.
warra48

Postby bobby » Tuesday Aug 07, 2012 11:29 am

Thanks Warra,I dont keep or do that imfomation.I just brew.temp was 18/20 with fridge regulator. fg was 1004. It brewed out.wwould the yeast make a diff. I guess i better start a log.
bobby

Postby warra48 » Tuesday Aug 07, 2012 7:48 pm

I don't believe the yeast would cause your issue. There just isn't enough left in the brew after bottling to make an appreciable difference.
If your FG was 1.004, that's quite low, but given you used 1kg of sugar, perhaps not unexpected.

Most likely, you have just used too much priming sugar.

I always weigh my sugar container before and after priming, so I know precisely how much I use, and to what extent I carbonate. I keep records of every brew in my BeerSmith recipe notes.

Alternatively, you may have an infection in your bottles, but you'd know it from the taste if that was the case.

Perhaps you might place your bottles in the fridge for a few days before consuming, to give any residual yeast etc a chance to drop out and compact in the bottom of your bottle.

I can't really think of anything else on the information you've given us.
warra48

Return to General discussion