Relocation - Central Coast

Other topics - beer-related or not.

Postby RUM57L » Wednesday Apr 04, 2012 8:50 am

Hey,

I have recently moved from the Illawarra region to the central coast, Doyalson to be presise.
We've moved up there to live in a smaller home although on 30 acres, we are renting and are happy with the land although some areas need some clearing.

Our daughter is almost a year old and my fiance and I figured the farm life would be better to bring her up knowing how to get by and how to look after animals etc.. when she is older perhaps she'll brew with me ?

Anyway .. the area is nice and we are learning whats around us each weekend, we had a lovely lunch at the Coast Hotel @ Budgewoi the other weekend (no craft beer on tap and fridge selections were minimal) the food was awesome and the atmosphere is cool.

I havent brewed anything in well over 18 months as i just really havent had time, the cooler weather is going to hit us soon so conditions will be perfect for brewing, I have many recipes I'm yet to try but visiting these forums again has given me inspiration.

If there is anyone else out on the central coast, shout out to me as apart from an Aunty nearby we are isolated from family mates (not always a bad thing).

Cheers,

Ben
RUM57L

Re: Relocation - Central Coast

Postby emnpaul » Wednesday Apr 04, 2012 7:42 pm

RUM57L wrote:Hey,

If there is anyone else out on the central coast, shout out to me as apart from an Aunty nearby we are isolated from family mates (not always a bad thing).

Ben

G'day Ben.

As it happens I'm 15 mins up the road (not far by local standards) at Summerland Point. Jello is 10 Mins down the road from you also. PM me if you'd like to catch up for a brew or two or to swap yeast, hops etc. There is a pretty good HBS down at Toukley too. http://centralcoasthomebrew.com/zencart/

RUM57L wrote:(no craft beer on tap and fridge selections were minimal)

Yeah. Get used to it. Wyong Leagues is your best bet but overall the variety situation is pretty bleak around here.

Cheers
Paul
2000 light beers from home.
emnpaul

Postby bullfrog » Wednesday Apr 04, 2012 8:31 pm

Actually, your best bet for a good beer in that area is the aforementioned HBS. I think I had about half a keg when I was up there!

Best spot for free entertainment is the Beachcomber, though, in my experience. Just make sure there are some bogans that are off their head already by the time you get there; they're sure not to disappoint! :P
bullfrog

Postby emnpaul » Wednesday Apr 04, 2012 8:41 pm

I've drunk some nice Kolsch and APA there over the last 18 months or so. Coincidence that I do my shopping on a Friday arvo? :D

Beachcomber is a worry...
2000 light beers from home.
emnpaul

Postby Sonny » Wednesday Apr 04, 2012 10:58 pm

The Doylo, I think it's been up graded now but I spent a year there one night!

No shortage of Bogan's, Bullfrog. The Coast is where we all hale from, and I wouldn't expect to find much more than VB and New.
I was at a Werrington pub near Penrith recently and asked for a Coopers Pale ale, the question came back after I had to point the Coopers fridge shelves out, what colour?

Green please.
http://forums.bikeme.tv/
the copper said that he'd 'been waiting all day for me to come along', I replied I got here as faaaast as I could!
Sonny

Postby RUM57L » Sunday Apr 08, 2012 8:07 pm

Hey fellas that's cool to see there are
Some forum members about up here, few weeks and I'll hit that hbs and get brewing.
The doylo is walking distance for me but finding time to do my own thing is tough
RUM57L

Postby slagster » Saturday Apr 28, 2012 2:05 pm

Just letting you know that i'm intending on opening and Microbrewery here on the Central Coast. It's been in the planning stages for the last 2 years. We've had some major hiccups but hopefully we'll be open by the end of this year.
My mate and I have lived on the Central Coast most of our lives and we're huge craft beer fans and we feel theres a need for good local craft beer here on the Central Coast.
We're on the normal Social Networking site if you want to keep updated on our progress.
http://www.sixstringbrewing.com.au
slagster

Postby Sonny » Sunday Apr 29, 2012 8:24 am

Had a bit of a read of your page Slags, looks like one helluva battle getting the go ahead. But good luck and I am sure you'll get there eventually. It's obvious that you have the passion to see it through.
http://forums.bikeme.tv/
the copper said that he'd 'been waiting all day for me to come along', I replied I got here as faaaast as I could!
Sonny

Return to General discussion