How often do you brew?

Other topics - beer-related or not.

Re: How often do you brew?

Postby Tourist » Thursday Jan 13, 2011 3:34 pm

Is that the bingo centre across from the Cash Converters and (conveniently located) Magistrates Court?
Back off man, I'm a tourist.
Tourist

Postby Planner » Thursday Jan 13, 2011 3:59 pm

Tourist wrote:Is that the bingo centre across from the Cash Converters and (conveniently located) Magistrates Court?

That's the spot, cash converters is next to courthouse. And to cut down on feral pedestrian traffic the bingo centre has recently moved to across the road and one block south (300m must have been too far to walk from "bank" to bingo). :lol:
Nothing interesting to see here, move along.
Planner

Postby Tourist » Friday Jan 14, 2011 4:05 pm

In-laws live in Tatura, so it's always fun to see the rabble outside the court on the way through. Found the pool when we were down at the start of December, which was tops for the kids. What's your LHBS like?
Tourist

Postby Planner » Friday Jan 14, 2011 4:40 pm

Tourist wrote:In-laws live in Tatura, so it's always fun to see the rabble outside the court on the way through. Found the pool when we were down at the start of December, which was tops for the kids. What's your LHBS like?

Born and raised in Tatura, good chance I know the inlaws. Our kids are whinging to go look at the new pool, but we still haven't made it there, despite only being 5mins from home. :roll:
LHBS is getting better, mostly catering for kit brewers (well only caters for kit brewers). They don't stock any grain or liquid yeasts, but are a good source for hardware (still the cheapest I've found for bench cappers). They only stock Fermentis yeasts and brewcraft hops, but at least now they keep the yeast in the fridge (still nagging them about the hops). I travel through Melb enough that I can gather most of my supplies at G&G or Sunbury.

Apoligies to Mick for all the OT, I don't think I hijacked it, but I've done my best to make sure it remains OT :lol:
Nothing interesting to see here, move along.
Planner

Postby Tourist » Friday Jan 14, 2011 6:00 pm

Yeah, sorry - I brew about once a month...wish it was more often, but I don't drink a whole lot, so this rate seems to keep things well balanced.
Tourist

Postby drsmurto » Saturday Jan 15, 2011 9:33 am

Bum wrote:
drsmurto wrote:think Frankston

You wound me deeply, sir!

Sorry about that Bum, when i lived in Melbourne (a few years ago now) it was the butt of most of the jokes. I've got rellies in Pakenham and i lived with them for 3 weeks when i first moved to Melbourne. Is it still the arse end of the world?
drsmurto

Postby Bum » Saturday Jan 15, 2011 12:16 pm

I'll be honest with you - if you ignore the drug problem (which isn't entirely absent in Pakenham anyway) Pakenham is heaps worse than Frankston. Middle of nowhere, nothing there, full of bored kids with nothing to do but foster the town's fledgling drug problems. There's a freeway extension that might have been put in since you were last there which makes it a bit easier to get out which is a plus.

Frankston is still considered the arsehole of the world, of course.
Bum

Postby speedie » Saturday Jan 15, 2011 7:53 pm

drugs aside how often do you brew and what volume
speedie

Postby Bum » Sunday Jan 16, 2011 12:52 am

Drugs aside, what is your excuse?
Bum

Postby billybushcook » Sunday Jan 16, 2011 7:14 am

speedie wrote: and what volume

With the exception of the odd, eccentric, Nutter :D I think we can assume that we all brew the standard 23L fermenter?

mick.
Home brew my Arse, get that Shit to forensics!
billybushcook

Postby bullfrog » Thursday Jan 20, 2011 2:53 pm

I tend to aim for a double-brew day/weekend every third weekend, with the occassional GB or Cider brew done at the same time, too. My fermenting fridge comfortably houses 3 fermenters (4 at a squeeze) and my standard fermentation time is 2 weeks in primary, 1 week in CC. This way I constantly have both a full fermenting fridge and a full keg fridge.

This more than covers my (and my mates') consumption so every now and then I have to have a week off whilst I can try to free up a keg or two.
bullfrog

Postby drsmurto » Thursday Jan 20, 2011 8:52 pm

23L is only standard for kit beer.

My AG brewery punches out 20L batches although this weekend it's a double batch (40L)
drsmurto

Postby Bum » Thursday Jan 20, 2011 9:14 pm

drsmurto wrote:23L is only standard for kit beer.

23L-ish is reasonably common amongst no-chillers as well. So-called 20L cubes hold a few litres more so I always aim for 23L after kettle losses.
Bum

Postby Tipsy » Thursday Jan 20, 2011 9:50 pm

Bum wrote:
drsmurto wrote:23L is only standard for kit beer.

23L-ish is reasonably common amongst no-chillers as well. So-called 20L cubes hold a few litres more so I always aim for 23L after kettle losses.

A 24lt cube here :)~
Tipsy

Postby drsmurto » Friday Jan 21, 2011 10:41 pm

I hate bottling with a passion so i brew enough to fill a keg.
drsmurto

Previous

Return to General discussion