Arctic Fox

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Arctic Fox

Postby Richo68 » Sunday Dec 21, 2008 3:25 pm

I went to a restaurant last night in Pakenham Vic. and in their beer selection was all the usual stuff - VB, Crown, Corona, blah blah blah. No Coopers, no LCPA nothing really worth drinking until the waitress asked me if i would like to try a new beer they just started selling from a local micro brewery called Arctic Fox. Well, let me just say it was bloody good drop and well worth giving it a metion here in your forum! Apparently they sell it in Duncans, Pakenham. So, if you're ever down that way, give it a go it's really good! Here's the web site

http://www.arcticfox.com.au/index.htm
Richo

"There is an excuse for drinking light beer - sometimes - but there's never an excuse for drinking shit beer." - Geoff Ambrose
Richo68

Re: Arctic Fox

Postby pixelboy » Monday Dec 22, 2008 12:10 pm

Now i'm jealous...

Good Luck to em!
pixelboy

Postby Pom » Wednesday Dec 24, 2008 11:17 am

Just checked out their website.
Good on em and next time im in the area I will be picking up a few samples to bring home with me.
Pom

Postby Smabb » Monday Dec 29, 2008 4:54 pm

Definitely good on them.

Would support them, but realistically shop for beer about once a year (hey I'm brewin' some reasonable stuff here at Smabb's global headquarters!) :) so can't imagine i will be a big help keeping the lads doors open.

On a different note while i admire their initative and energy to get this up and running I think "Arctic Fox" and "Australian Beer" don't make a whole lot of sense in a sentence together. The boys seem to have put a lot of effort into their brewery and their product (I'm sure its A1 quality) I can only hope they have put AT LEAST the same amount of effort into sussing out what the public wants to buys etc (if by off chance someones wondering how you do that, I'd go to a bottlo where you'd like to see your product and ask the punters coming out why they choose what they bought and what they thought of the type of product you had in mind).

Anyway all power to homebrewers making the step up to boutique brewing. Best of luck guys.
Smabb

Return to The beer you buy