Bamberger Kaiserdom - Premium German Lager

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Postby earle » Monday Dec 03, 2007 1:47 pm

Just picked up one of these as a christmas pressie for the neighbour and one for myself just for the novelty value. The bloke at the shop reckons they've been selling like hotcakes at stores all over. Only bit of feedback that he had, for whatever its worth, was that someone reckoned it was like a honey beer. Don't know how on the mark the comment is but it probably indicates, as Kev said, that its better than aussie megaswill.

The other bloke in the bottle shop in true fashion advised me to chill the stein, put the beer in the freezer till almost frozen then pour and drink. Ha ha. Yeah right, you can drink anything when its so cold that it has no flavour - the trade secret of megawill producers and pubs Australia wide.

Anyway, don't think I'll be doing that, though I may chill the stein in the fridge to help keep it cool during the time it will take to drink the sucker. 20 minutes eh Kev? :)
earle

Postby Kevnlis » Monday Dec 03, 2007 1:57 pm

Yeah mate, the first beer of the day always goes down well here in Bundy. I was not making a point to drink it fast, but it was there, and I was bugger hot!

I can hold my own, but drinking that beer in 20 min did knock me around a bit :lol:
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Postby James L » Thursday Dec 13, 2007 10:02 am

just found the promo in WA.. they are selling at BottleO franchises i think... there is only a handful of those places around Perth, but i'll see what i can do...

I actually picked up a 1L stien like that yesterday, but there is nothing wrong with getting two... one for the guest (he can have the shit one, i'll have the weihenstephaner one).
I freely admit that I was Very Very Drunk....
"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst."
James L

Postby warra48 » Thursday Dec 13, 2007 10:45 am

rwh wrote:Yeah, it's returned to full strength now, but it still has a spiky bit sticking out of it (permanently). If you look at the xrays, just imagine the bones not moving at all, but there is now a glob of bone connecting the two ends together.

So get private health insurance, kids.

And unfortunately that will always stay that way, I think. My left wrist is still way thicker than my right one, from smashing it 8 years ago. Also, I've got a funny bump on the side of my right foot where I broke it earlier this year.
Glad to see you are all healed though, and all back in working order.
Nice stein the Kev. Is the mo a permanent fixture, or was it a Movember effort?
warra48

Postby Kevnlis » Thursday Dec 13, 2007 4:46 pm

warra48 wrote:Nice stein the Kev. Is the mo a permanent fixture, or was it a Movember effort?

Cheers Warra, the mo was strictly for fund raising/entertainment purposes. It did get me some funny looks and comments from randoms and I raised $150 without trying!
Prost and happy brewing!

O'Brien Gluten Free Beer
Kevnlis

Previous

Return to The beer you buy