Bullant Brewery Bruthen - do yourself a favour!

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Bullant Brewery Bruthen - do yourself a favour!

Postby Oliver » Sunday Jan 05, 2014 6:24 pm

We just got back from a few days at Metung (East Gippsland, Vic) and visited the nearby Bullant Brewery at Bruthen for lunch on Friday.

I often go to these little breweries with low expectations, knowing that I usually won't be disappointed with their ordinary beer and crap food.

But Bullant was fantastic. Great venue with friendly staff, awesome food and tremendous beer. We had a tasting paddles of their seven tap beers -- pilsner, wheat, stout, dark, kolsch, IPA and pale -- and the cider. All were really good, well-brewed beers. And the food was very reasonably priced and very tasty.

If you're ever in the region make sure you drop in for a visit.

It's just a shame I was driving, but we picked up a six-pack of longnecks. I'm currently drinking a pilsner, which is awesome.

It might sound like I'm going over the top in my assessment, but it really was a great experience.

As an aside, the brewery's full name is Bullant Brewery Bruthen. I seem to recall there used to be a brewery in WA called Bullant, so I wonder whether they added "Bruthen" to the end of the name to settle a dispute with the WA mob. Anyone know?

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Return to The beer you buy