New tastings.

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

New tastings.

Postby Mattrox » Thursday Jan 10, 2013 9:03 pm

I tried 4 Pines for the first time tonight. Kolsh and Hefeweizen. Both outstanding.

Also got Fuller's ESB and Bengal Lancer's IPA. Really enjoyed the IPA. It is bottle conditioned beer so I have had an attempt at snatching out the yeast. We'll see if I was successful later.

All really good drops though.
Mattrox

Re: New tastings.

Postby Oliver » Friday Jan 11, 2013 5:05 am

I've quite enjoyed 4 Pines beers. They also do a good stout. I've found the Kolsch to be a bit hit and miss. The first time I had it I fell in love. A few times subsequently I have found it a bit sweet. Haven't had it lately though.

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby Mattrox » Friday Jan 11, 2013 5:52 pm

Funny you should mention the Kolsh. I found the flavours very agreeable. But it had no head on it.

Trying Sierra Nevada Pale Ale for the first time right now. mmm mmm The Summerfest next.

I grabbed a Fuller's Porter. I have been enjoying their range. Bengal Lancer was absolutely stunning.... High hopes for this porter.
Mattrox

Postby earle » Friday Jan 11, 2013 8:15 pm

Where are you getting the Fullers from. Used to be able to get some of them from dans but not for quite a while now.
earle

Postby Mattrox » Friday Jan 11, 2013 8:19 pm

Booze Brothers on Unley Rd. (Adelaide)

They have a dazzling selection of craft beers.

I also tried Rogers for the 1st time too. I have had other LC before, don't know why I hadn't tried it before. 3 pint bottles for 16 too :)
Mattrox

Postby Mattrox » Wednesday Jan 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Was looking through things to try, couldn't bring myself to try the India Pale Al. Didn't fancy tasting Al today.
Mattrox

Return to The beer you buy