Partial Boil - Extract Brewing

General homebrew discussion, tips and help on kit and malt extract brewing, and talk about equipment. Queries on sourcing supplies and equipment should go in The Store.

Re: Partial Boil - Extract Brewing

Postby matr » Wednesday Nov 12, 2008 9:27 am

I think I understand what you are doing...

It is probably easier to add all fermentables you are using (in & out of the boil) & just check the "add after boil" box for each fermentable you are not including in the boil.

Set the boil volume and you should be right. :D
matr

Postby Sathias » Wednesday Nov 12, 2008 9:56 am

Ah I didn't realise you could do that, cheers :D
Sathias

Postby dragonphoenix73 » Wednesday Nov 12, 2008 10:51 pm

Kevnlis wrote:I really see no way you could successfully BIAB that much flaked wheat! You would need a good lauter tun with a nice slow run off in order to get a good result.

You can make an esky tun for something like $30-35 (depending on what you have available to you, less if you already own a suitable esky).

If you want to do a Belgian Wit beer, the easiest and most successful result I have had is to use a 50/50 ratio of Galaxy to Flaked Wheat (wheat bix) and lots of rice hulls ;)

Its ok, Kev.... i changed the recipe. Just did it on Sunday.... I'll post up the recipe as soon as I get to my other computer.... but it worked out to about 250g of flaked wheat, but CraftBrewer had some organic wheat, so I used some of that too....

I ended up getting an esky from Reject Shop for $20 (24 Litre). It worked a treat! Kept the grains in the bag, then just tipped it all into the pot when it was time to boil. Bubbling away nicely, hope to be drinking it by chrissy....
:lol:

I
Life is like a box of chocolates.... sometimes you get a hard one!
dragonphoenix73

Previous