My Brewing Return

Suggest or request any recipes for a particular beer or style of beer. Post all recipes here, including kit, partial mash and all-grain.

My Brewing Return

Postby rohanbutler » Wednesday Nov 11, 2009 6:31 am

Hey Guys,

Been a long time since I have been on the forum. Mainly because I've been to busy to brew.

I've got a stack of malts in the shed that need using up.

1kg JW Munich
0.5Kg JW Crystal
Then some random amounts of Flaked Barley(about 0.5kg) and Marris Otter(about 1kg)

I was looking for some partial mash suggestions probably just using a coopers kit, think of starting a larger in the fridge this week and Ale outside the fridge next week when the temp cools off a bit.

Also my fermenters have been sitting in the shed collecting dust. Obviously not going to hit them with the scrubing brush, but any tips outside the normal for sanitising these? I was thinking of standing them in bleach for a couple of days.

Thanks heaps,

Rohan
I don't have drinking problem cept when I can't get drink - Tom Waits
rohanbutler

Re: My Brewing Return

Postby Wassa » Wednesday Nov 11, 2009 2:52 pm

Coopers have a sanitiser out. You mix it following instructions from bottle, then fill your fermenter with the 1 litre of sanitiser and cold water and leagve it stand for 24 hours.

I have been using it for about 3 months now, after I had 2 brews become infected. It's a really good product!
The liver is Evil and must be punished!!
Wassa

Re: My Brewing Return

Postby rohanbutler » Wednesday Nov 11, 2009 6:33 pm

Thanks Wassa. Is super market available?
I don't have drinking problem cept when I can't get drink - Tom Waits
rohanbutler

Return to Recipes