Help with ESB APA

Suggest or request any recipes for a particular beer or style of beer. Post all recipes here, including kit, partial mash and all-grain.

Help with ESB APA

Postby Pom » Tuesday May 05, 2009 6:22 pm

Ive got a 3kg can of ESB American Pale Ale sitting in the cupboard that I picked up at a closing down sale for half price. Does anyonwe have any recipes that I could make with this. Ive been trying my hand at a couple of partials and they seem to have gone ok, so im not afraid of using a few grains.
I also picked up a can of Black Rock Wispering Wheat at the same clearing sale. Ive never made a Wheat beer before but was thinking of maybe using some of the 5kg of yellowbox honey ive just been given with it. Any Ideas on a good wheat and honey recipe?
Cheers guys, havn't posted anything for a why. Seems fatherhood takes upa bit more time than I thought it would, but all good just been negleting the home brew for a while.
Rob
Pom

Re: Help with ESB APA

Postby pixelboy » Tuesday May 05, 2009 7:21 pm

Those ESB kits are pretty good outta the tin.

I'd steep 200gms of Crystal Malt / strain / boil for 10mins then add 20gms of Cascade at flame out and then into the fermenter with US-05 or similar.

If your racking to secondary you could also dry hop another 20gms of Cascade or similar.
pixelboy

Re: Help with ESB APA

Postby Pom » Tuesday May 05, 2009 7:44 pm

Cheers Pix sounds nice and simple might give it a go.
Thanks rob
Pom

Return to Recipes