Creemore Springs Clone Recipe

Suggest or request any recipes for a particular beer or style of beer. Post all recipes here, including kit, partial mash and all-grain.

Creemore Springs Clone Recipe

Postby beercanuck » Friday Mar 04, 2005 2:55 pm

While the beer here in my adopted country is rather tasty (Coopers, James Squire, Young & Jackson take a bow), I often miss some of those great Canadian beers I grew up on.

Anyone have recipes for:

Creemore Springs
Amsterdam Blonde
Steamwhistle
Maudite - (I know, I know, but I like the taste!)

The above as extract with grain adjuncts would be best, I'm not setup for full grain brewing.

Thanks

Beer Canuck
beercanuck

Postby Dogger Dan » Friday Mar 04, 2005 10:03 pm

MMMMM,

Creemore Springs,

Will buy a couple on the way home
8) :twisted:

Yummy stuff

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby munkey » Saturday Mar 05, 2005 12:44 am

on the way home. by the sounds of that id say you were at work..... surfing the net and not doing your job...... and getting payed.

some people have the custyest jobs eh.
munkey

Postby Dogger Dan » Saturday Mar 05, 2005 8:04 am

Munkey,

I do more before breakfast than most people do in a day

Dogger
"Listening to someone who brews their own beer is like listening to a religous fanatic talk about the day he saw the light" Ross Murray, Montreal Gazette
Dogger Dan

Postby munkey » Saturday Mar 05, 2005 8:28 am

fairplay
:D
munkey

Postby Dogger Dan » Sunday Mar 06, 2005 11:18 am

For those curious about the infamous Creemore and for those that wish they could have one

http://groups.msn.com/DoggersHomebrew/s ... ?Page=Last

There are a couple of other dogs there to.

Oliver....

There my friend on the left is the is the wax job. You may not believe it but one of those bottles is from 1992......

I am Old :cry: :wink:

Dogger
Dogger Dan

Postby Oliver » Monday Mar 07, 2005 10:56 am

DD,

How did you do the wax? What sort of wax? Did you just heat it and dip the neck of each bottle in?

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby Dogger Dan » Monday Mar 07, 2005 10:11 pm

Oliver,

Sorry chief it came in the case that way.

I would melt some parrifin wax down, the type they use for canning, and then dip the bottle in. I am thinking you may have to do this a few times, a bit like making a candle

Dogger
Dogger Dan

Postby thehipone » Tuesday Mar 08, 2005 10:32 am

I've had a crack at maudite, being one of my favorites from the unibroue stable. There aren't any clones floating around that I could find. I think Wyeast makes a seasonal offering that is the Unibroue yeast.

You can do a search on this forum for the recipe that I used. I've got to make it again, there were some issues with the recultured Chimay yeast kicking off some flavors that I didn't really want. mine was AG, and it has quite a bit of crystal type malts, but you might be able to have a go with extract instead of the base malt.
thehipone

Postby Dogger Dan » Tuesday Mar 08, 2005 10:44 am

The hipone,

The maudite is about 2 younger than that 1992 bottle of Bock. No shit. Wonder if it tastes better than its mates did all those years ago. Foul crap it was.

Dogger
Dogger Dan

Postby thehipone » Wednesday Mar 09, 2005 9:35 am

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I'm aware that you aren't a fan, but I like it and plenty of other people seem to

http://www.ratebeer.com/Beer/unibroue-maudite/1921/

95th percentile isnt too bad.

So, I guess it's up to everybody to make up their own mind about this one.
thehipone

Postby Dogger Dan » Wednesday Mar 09, 2005 10:08 am

the hipone

Step away from the crowd my friend and be your own man. As my Dear old Mom used to say "If dickhead jumped off a bridge would you?" (Only having fun with you.)

If you ever come to Canada I will fill the fridge with the stuff for you. :wink:

Really though, I have to wonder if the export isn't miles better than domestic. You could choke a horse with the local stuff.

That being said, I am not a fan of that style of beer either, the Trappist brews seem a bit to high for me, much like Ice Wine that everyone raves about. It is thick and heavy and cloying to me.

By the way Sleemans is in Guelph Ontario just down the street from me, Chamblay is in Quebec. I am not sure but the breweries may be mixed up on that page although Sleemans is not great either, bottled in clear glass and skunky when you buy it.

Dogger
Dogger Dan

Postby thehipone » Wednesday Mar 09, 2005 11:55 am

Sleemans recently bought Unibroue, but the Unibroue management is reportedly going to remain the same.
thehipone

Postby Dogger Dan » Wednesday Mar 09, 2005 10:06 pm

Go figure,

No one wants to buy me out
:cry:

:wink:
Dogger
Dogger Dan

Postby grabman » Wednesday Mar 09, 2005 11:34 pm

what's the asking price Dogger?

We might get an Aussie consortium together and consider our options :wink: :wink:
Some people say I have a drinking Problem....
I drink, I get drunk, I fall over....
What's the problem?

http://www.brodiescastlebrewing.com/
grabman

Return to Recipes