Westend pilsener

Suggest or request any recipes for a particular beer or style of beer. Post all recipes here, including kit, partial mash and all-grain.

Westend pilsener

Postby mark68 » Thursday Mar 09, 2006 1:45 pm

About a year ago,there was a beer available here in SA that was bloody nice.It was called 107 pilsener and cost around 35 bucks a carton.Problem is ,westend took it off the market after 2 years of good sales,i could never work out why they did this.Don't know if anyone knows anything about this beer or not,but i certainly wouldn't mind a recipe that could clone this stuff.
mark68

Postby Chris » Thursday Mar 09, 2006 8:23 pm

I can't help you with that particular beer (I've never even heard of it), but if you're looking for a good pilsner, go the Grumpy's pilsner. Nice and easy seeing you're already in SA, and bloody good.

Good luck with the search. Beers that aren't around for long, never seem to have clone recipes.
Chris

Re: Westend pilsener

Postby Paleman » Saturday Mar 11, 2006 5:21 pm

mark68 wrote:About a year ago,there was a beer available here in SA that was bloody nice.It was called 107 pilsener and cost around 35 bucks a carton.Problem is ,westend took it off the market after 2 years of good sales,i could never work out why they did this.Don't know if anyone knows anything about this beer or not,but i certainly wouldn't mind a recipe that could clone this stuff.

I know what you mean mark. West End Pilsner was one of the few commercial beers i enjoyed. In fact while it was around, it was my favourite. The best beer to ever come out of that brewery. Why they took a good thing off the market, i dont know.

Maybe mainstream consumers didnt take to it ?
" White Wine with Roast Beef ! how dare you ? "..... " I dare because I like it ! " ....Dogger on the meaning of life.
Paleman

Return to Recipes