JS I.P.A

Suggest or request any recipes for a particular beer or style of beer. Post all recipes here, including kit, partial mash and all-grain.

JS I.P.A

Postby tommo » Saturday Sep 24, 2005 6:16 pm

Tried my first James Squire last night. :D

A bit on the $ though, almost $17.00 for a sixer.

Had been to a gathering and consumed a lot of HB so quite readily parted with said cash at the local bottlo. :roll:

Saw Little Creatures there but even in my full as a fat ladies undies state I wasn't going to pay close to $19.00.

Anyone come close to replicating the I.P.A :?:

If so, please post your results. :)

cheers

toMMo
tommo

Postby Merlin » Sunday Sep 25, 2005 9:15 pm

Hi Tommo,

Grain & Grape have a good IPA recipe on their site:
http://www.grainandgrape.com.au/BeerOTM ... ersIPA.htm

I've tinkered with a few variations on the extract-based recipe, I found that if followed exactly it comes out too dark and too strong for an IPA (8%!) but its a good starting point to formulating your own.

Cheers

Merlin
Merlin

Postby db » Sunday Sep 25, 2005 9:45 pm

i love the js ipa.. had a few this arv actually :D
i got close to it once using a morgans ipa kit (canadian range i think it was?), 1kg dme & some steeped fuggles hops.. & probably some crystal grain.. around 100-150g steeped - sorry but i don't have the recipe anymore :? & i havent seen these kits since :cry:
db

Postby Merlin » Friday Sep 30, 2005 2:00 pm

Went to the HBS yesterday and told them "I want an IPA but I'm feeling too lazy today to do an extract or partial mash brew. Whaddya got?". Walked out with a bitter kit and a lager kit (to give the required alcohol but keep the colour light) and some Fuggles for dry-hopping. Simple, easy to throw together, perhaps a little simpler to concoct than the great style deserves but I think I can forgive myself :lol:

I'll let you know if it turns out any good
Merlin

Return to Recipes