Pilsener

Suggest or request any recipes for a particular beer or style of beer. Post all recipes here, including kit, partial mash and all-grain.

Pilsener

Postby NTRabbit » Wednesday Aug 17, 2005 5:16 pm

So i was in Big W just to get some cheap dextrose, and i noticed that they had a bunch of their homebrew gear on small specials, so i thought hey why not? Amongst other things, i grabbed a Brewiser Pilsener to make what is probably my last winter beer of the season.

Anyway, does anyone have an recipe suggestions? I also got a Brewiser Brew booster (500g dex, 250g ldme and 250g malto) cheap to go with it, and I have the last half of a Saflager S-23 sachet from my brewcraft carlton cold recipe pack, would it benefit from another 500g of light dme? I was also planning on making this my first attempt at using hops - any hints as to what hop (im guessing Saaz) and how much?

I figure i might as well play around a little on a cheap can, since its no big loss and probably needs the help anyway :)
Het Witte Konijn
NTRabbit

Postby gregb » Wednesday Aug 17, 2005 9:08 pm

Try it with the brewbooster, a saaz hop bag and saflager.

Cheers,

Greg
gregb

Postby NTRabbit » Wednesday Aug 17, 2005 10:32 pm

So do i just chuck the hop bag into the wort before pitching the yeast, or?
Het Witte Konijn
NTRabbit

Postby Oliver » Wednesday Aug 17, 2005 11:15 pm

NTR,

The idea with these hop bags is to add aroma.

The instructions recommend just putting the bag in a cup, pouring boiling over it, letting it steep for 10 minutes or so, then adding the lot to the fermenter.

Cheers,

Oliver
Oliver
Administrator

Postby NTRabbit » Thursday Aug 18, 2005 1:19 am

Oliver wrote:NTR,

The idea with these hop bags is to add aroma.

The instructions recommend just putting the bag in a cup, pouring boiling over it, letting it steep for 10 minutes or so, then adding the lot to the fermenter.

Cheers,

Oliver

Ok cool, thanks guys im off to the HBS to grab a Saaz hop bag tomorrow then
Het Witte Konijn
NTRabbit

Postby ozcah » Thursday Aug 18, 2005 11:21 pm

NTRabbit,

I was thinking the same way having consumed a couple of James squire Pilseners on the weekend. Yummy drop that! And being in Adelaide and knowing it has to warm up soon, please be very soon 8) , this might be my best chance of getting a Pilsner down.

One idea though. I've read about adding corriander seeds to a beer to give it a citrussy flavour.

Any one have an opinion on corriander in a pilsner? If so how much. I've read to cruch it but nor too much. I was also thinking of giving the hop bag idea a go. This will be brew #4 for me.

Thinking of trying - Coopers Pilsner kit with brew enhancer 2.
Saaz Hop bag
corriander (may be).

All comments most welcome.

Catchya
Ozcah

Mmmmmmm Beer! - Homer Simpson
ozcah

Return to Recipes