Corona Tips

Suggest or request any recipes for a particular beer or style of beer. Post all recipes here, including kit, partial mash and all-grain.

Corona Tips

Postby Guest » Tuesday Jun 28, 2005 5:07 pm

im new to brewing this is my second brew and was wanting to do a corona clone has anyone tryed to make a corona brew before and if so what advice can you give me

Cheers
Pat

Postby Goatee » Tuesday Jun 28, 2005 5:24 pm

i have made a few batches using brewcraft stuff. Tasted very close to the real thing...only better, as it was my filth that went into it instead of a mexicans. i would rack the beer as it all of mine have a fair ring of sediment (more than usual). i was going to try some finnings on the next batch, except i have been enjoying other styles too much to do another one yet. My very first batch i made a killer in alcohol %, but it almost changed the flavour too much, however i would still up the amount of fermantables by a bit just to give it a kick.

enjoy
Goatee

Postby Guest » Tuesday Jun 28, 2005 5:37 pm

did you use the Mexican Cerveza kit or did you run off your own recipe?

Postby Oliver » Tuesday Jun 28, 2005 6:46 pm

Oliver
Administrator

Postby Goatee » Tuesday Jun 28, 2005 8:20 pm

yeah the mexican cerveza kit and brewblend #15 i think it was, added about 1.5 kg dextrose as well, purely to up the alcohol.

Also i used just the yeast under the lid. i didn't lager or cold condition it as some people might say you should. Just let it sit in the bottles in my cupboard for two weeks.
Goatee

Return to Recipes