joy of formulation

Suggest or request any recipes for a particular beer or style of beer. Post all recipes here, including kit, partial mash and all-grain.

Re: joy of formulation

Postby Anna » Thursday Aug 19, 2010 8:53 am

I just assumed I was reading something out of Bob Dylan's "Tarantula" !!! :shock:
Anna

Postby matr » Thursday Aug 19, 2010 10:31 am

squirt in the turns wrote:
matr, I think bum's concern is that you may have unwittingly unleashed speedie upon AHB...? :lol:
Oops, I've gone and dragged myself into this sh#tfight now :roll:

Oh woops!! :lol: haha

Anywho.. This thread is not productive to this forums cause. It probably should be deleted..
matr

Postby earle » Thursday Aug 19, 2010 10:54 am

Anywho.. This thread is not productive to this forums cause. It probably should be deleted..

Agreed, seems to have degenerated into PMs about who's bigger. :roll:
earle

Postby drsmurto » Thursday Aug 19, 2010 12:25 pm

speedie wrote:Without sounding brash or offending anyone especially you learned dudes, can either have you produce any certified awards or accolades for your brewing endeavours
I.e. homebrew club wins and or any state titles that you may have won
Do you belong to any affiliated groups or are you just the mavericks of cyber space!
If this does upset you because you are both the gurus that present to the forum your best knowledge I will be more than humble and never chat on this site again
Yours brew fully speedie
Ps the only reason I had a hit on this site is because it is Aussie!

It's got nothing to do with awards.

It's got nothing to do with 'guru' status.

This is a small brewing community that differs from other sites in that there is generally no nastiness, people share their information without being judgemental.

There are no masters on this site, just people with a range of brewing experience who do their best to help out.

I have no doubt you have more brewing experience than most, if not all of us and likely have won more awards than us. But as you have found out that doesn't give you the right to preach to us without first earning our trust and respect.

We welcome everyone here Speedie so maybe take some time to tell us about yourself, your brewing journey, favourite beer styles to brew/drink and we can chalk this one up to experience.

I don't have the years of brewing experience you do although i have been here for a while and have grown with the people here from a noob kit brewer into an AG brewer. Share and care mate and we will do the same in return.

Cheers
DrSmurto
drsmurto

Postby Anna » Thursday Aug 19, 2010 12:31 pm

Can't help myself - someone's gotta say something! Speedie, DrS is obviously too humble to brag, but the regulars on this forum know that he has won many awards and is actually becoming a brewing judge (if you've already passed your exams Doc, forgive me...) 8)
Anna

Postby lethaldog » Thursday Aug 19, 2010 1:26 pm

The difference between the good doc and speedie is Doc has no need to brag or talk himself up, we all know doc for the bloke that he is on here and appreciate all the beer and scientific knowledge that he passes on to us as applies to most on here, we are after all, in it to make good beer which most of us seem to excell at with the help of great people on here some of which i have even had the pleasure of having a beer with in person... If you come to this forum with the attitude that you can learn from a variety of different people and brewing styles then you will do quite well and meet some great people, If you come here thinking that you know everything then why come in the first place!!!!!
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Postby gregb » Thursday Aug 19, 2010 8:41 pm

I'm putting a lid on this thread.
gregb

Previous

Return to Recipes