About this forum

Discussion of Lion Nathan's failed takeover bid for the independent Cooper's Brewery and links to articles and other discussions.

About this forum

Postby Oliver » Tuesday Sep 06, 2005 10:02 pm

In early September, 2005, multinational brewing giant Lion Nathan offered $352 million for the largely family-owned Cooper's Brewery in South Australia.

The bid has Australian beer drinkers (and particularly those in South Australia) in a frenzy.

This forum is to discuss the takeover bid for the 143-year-old Cooper's and provide links to articles and other discussions.

Oliver and Geoff
Oliver
Administrator

Postby Paleman » Wednesday Sep 07, 2005 1:59 pm

Thanks Oliver, Geoff for giving us a chance to express our feellings on this one.

A subject close to my heart, as some may have guessed. I am not a shareholder. But have been a Coopers member for years, having grown up in South Australia and tasted my first real Ale ( a Coopers ). And made my first home brew with ( a Coopers ).

I have been a happy Coopers consumer, for a long time,but they have also looked after me in many small ways.

Long live Coopers, the Originals. :D
Paleman

Re: About this forum

Postby gregb » Thursday Sep 25, 2008 10:51 am

I'm locking this thread as it seems to be a target for spam. Whether it slows them down much or not remains to be seen.

Cheers,
Greg
gregb

Return to The battle for Cooper's