Macs Brewery

The good, the bad and the ugly of commercial beer and breweries, including microbreweries and craft breweries.

Macs Brewery

Postby mobydick » Wednesday Jun 06, 2007 7:14 pm

Last week I bought a case of Macs Brewery Sassy Red from NZ. It's a bitter, and I found it quite bitter after drinking mostly pale ales recently.

Now I can't get enough of it, nice amber colour, bitter and lots of saaz hop aroma. It's hard not to open another.

Now I want to try the other beers in the range like the White and the Lager. Anyone tried these or the Black?
mobydick

Postby Wassa » Wednesday Jun 06, 2007 9:15 pm

The Black is the best beer in the range IMHO.

But then again I am a Dark Ale man. The Mac's Black is my staple when I am in NZ>
The liver is Evil and must be punished!!
Wassa

Postby Sathias » Thursday Jun 07, 2007 10:25 am

I've tried the wheat beer, I quite liked it from memory.
Sathias

Postby pacman » Friday Jun 08, 2007 10:05 pm

If you like well hopped beer, try Mac's Hop Rocker. Great drink.
Cheers,

Pacman
pacman

Postby Emo » Friday Jun 08, 2007 10:21 pm

Where did you get it? I travel to Wellington alot for work and look forward to getting my hand around a pint of it fresh from the brewery. Shed 22 used to brew it before selling the receipe to Macs. It tastes great on tap.

If you can find it, try the range of beers from Emersons beers. There Pale Ale is great. They also do a brew called Bookbinder but I've never seen it in Australia.
Emo

Postby pacman » Saturday Jun 09, 2007 4:41 pm

Got the hop rocker from 1st Choice Toowoomba (woop woop) Qld about 3 weeks ago.
Cheers,

Pacman
pacman

Postby mobydick » Saturday Jun 09, 2007 9:44 pm

I got the Sassy Red at First Choice Liquor in Tooronga. The had the Hop Rocker, and I think I might get that next time. Well when I'm over that way. I had a look at Dan's but they aren't stocking it. Which is a bugger as Dan's is quite close, and its quite a schlep to Tooronga!
mobydick

Postby Emo » Sunday Jun 10, 2007 8:56 pm

mobydick wrote:I got the Sassy Red at First Choice Liquor in Tooronga. The had the Hop Rocker, and I think I might get that next time. Well when I'm over that way. I had a look at Dan's but they aren't stocking it. Which is a bugger as Dan's is quite close, and its quite a schlep to Tooronga!

Thanks for the info. I work in Hawthorn so that's just down the road from me.

I'm off the Wellington on Sunday anyway so I'll be able to enjoy it from the tap at Shed 5 which is a great seafood restaurant and bar just behind work.
Emo

Return to The beer you buy