How to keep the ball and chain from chucking a spack??

Homebrewers and beer lovers, use this forum to sell, give away and seek supplies and equipment. If you are selling something on eBay post a link here.

How to keep the ball and chain from chucking a spack??

Postby MagooMan » Tuesday May 16, 2006 8:10 pm

I've just started capping as opposed to using PET bottles...had to drink a lot of vb tallies...urrgh. Had enough bottles to cap a batch of stout, with about 60 left over for the next two batches. Missus thinks the bottles look untidy. I was thinking that both the capped bottles and empties would look pretty spiffy stacked in some milk crates....anyone know where you can get some...or should i just follow the milk truck when its dark and nick theirs?
Deutsches Reinheitsgebot: Deutsches Bier ist von Wasser, Hefe, Hepfen und Malz gemacht. Wenn nicht, DASS IST GAR KEIN BIER!!! Ich liebe Kuupers Koelsch und Frueh Koelsch.
MagooMan

Re: How to keep the ball and chain from chucking a spack??

Postby Tipsy » Tuesday May 16, 2006 9:59 pm

MagooMan wrote:I've just started capping as opposed to using PET bottles...had to drink a lot of vb tallies...urrgh. Had enough bottles to cap a batch of stout, with about 60 left over for the next two batches. Missus thinks the bottles look untidy. I was thinking that both the capped bottles and empties would look pretty spiffy stacked in some milk crates....anyone know where you can get some...or should i just follow the milk truck when its dark and nick theirs?

Big W sell crates that fit 16 750ml bottles, though the new coopers bottles would be too tall if you want to stack them
Tipsy

Postby scblack » Wednesday May 17, 2006 8:39 am

I work in an office, and have been collecting the boxes copy paper comes in. They hold 11 longnecks each and because they are boxes, do not allow light into the beers, as long as I keep the lid also.

Would also be a lot tidier for your missus.

I keep a pretty good brew log, and just write with a big permanent texta the brew number on the outside of each box, so I know what's in there.

And they're all free. :wink:
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." - Dave Barry.
scblack

Postby Ash » Wednesday May 17, 2006 8:44 am

scblack is an ideas man! :D
Ash

Postby Rubber.Piggy » Wednesday May 17, 2006 9:16 am

if you stacking longnecks you could get some cheap ass wine racks from the reject shop or similar. You can make your bottles a display ;)
"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."
Rubber.Piggy

Postby Shaun » Friday May 26, 2006 9:40 pm

What looks like a milk crate works very well 15 bottles to a crate
Shaun

Postby Oscar » Monday Jun 05, 2006 12:30 pm

I use HP 19" LCD cardboard boxes as we throw lots out from work all the time.
They perfetly fit 35 VB longnecks & the height is perfect.
Only problem is that they don't like water.

Milk crates would be great to have as a bottle drainer.
Anyone got any mates @ Safeway or other supermarkets?? :lol:
Oscar

Postby BeerFrenzy » Monday Jun 05, 2006 1:40 pm

I bought a few of those big plastic storage containers from the discount store....the ones with snap-on lids and wheels on the bottom. They are designed to stack on top of each other too...a real space saver.
BeerFrenzy

Postby Grumpywolf » Monday Jun 05, 2006 9:40 pm

I got a couple of double door pantry kits from my local major hardware store (along with an extra shelf for each pantry). Each shelf holds the bottles nicely from one brew and having ten shelves seems to work out quite nicely in that just as we finish one batch of bottles there's another lot ready to come out of the fermentor to take their place.

I was using those crates with the snap on lids and wheels on the bottom but found they take up a lot of room and ares also rather demanding on the back if I need to move them at all.
Grumpywolf

Postby The Carbonator » Thursday Jun 29, 2006 1:03 pm

try behind shops.

Esp. shops that sell milk.
The Brewer formerly known as Ilike'emfizzy
The Carbonator

Postby Phantom » Friday Jul 07, 2006 9:14 am

I built a bar with two shelves behind it that contains enought for five sets of brews and even wired a stereo behind the, bottler, can crusher and opener.

she never goes behind it so its great. Oh and i store my bottles under it as well.

well worth the scrap wood, railway sleepers for the top and some floorboards for the front. Cost just over $100 to build.

Phantom
Ghost Who Drinks Home Brew
Phantom

Return to Buy, swap and sell