Pressure pack sanitizer plus other ideas

Other topics - beer-related or not.

Pressure pack sanitizer plus other ideas

Postby wick » Tuesday Dec 23, 2008 11:59 pm

Well Im new to brewing but Ive come up with a few ideas which for me makes the job easier,I dont now if they are new ideas if not I guess it doesnt matter so here goes,for sanitising bottles use a new pump up poison sprayer with the spray tube modified and mounted on a stand to stand about 30 cm high, put bottle over tube and spray nozzle, and squeeze trigger.cost about $10.00 I used an old cake rack for a stand and put it on top of a plastic tub to catch used liguid, it may be necessary to make the spray nozzle smaller to fit into some bottles.
When bottling I use a flexible plastic tube between the tap and the filler tube which allows me to leave all the bottles in a crate on the floor and move the filler tube between bottles.
To allow me to keep my brew cooled on hot days,I use flexible tube between lid and bubbler which allows me to put a small tub on top of fermenter filled with water and a towel working like a coolgardie safe.
If any experienced brewers can see any problems with these methods I would like to hear from them please.
:idea: :idea: :idea:
wick

Re: Pressure pack sanitizer plus other ideas

Postby Bizier » Wednesday Dec 24, 2008 10:38 am

My crappy spray bottle is about to give up the ghost if I don't have chronic RSI first. I might go the small pressure pump as a replacement, that is a great idea.
Bizier

Postby Wags » Wednesday Dec 24, 2008 10:47 am

wick wrote:When bottling I use a flexible plastic tube between the tap and the filler tube which allows me to leave all the bottles in a crate on the floor and move the filler tube between bottles.

Awesome idea! I'll be doing that next time, will make bottling twice as fun :wink:
Wags

Postby Smabb » Monday Dec 29, 2008 4:57 pm

wick wrote: When bottling I use a flexible plastic tube between the tap and the filler tube which allows me to leave all the bottles in a crate on the floor and move the filler tube between bottles.
:idea: :idea: :idea:

That strikes me as a bloody good idea. What do you do when moving between bottles?
Smabb

Postby Wags » Tuesday Dec 30, 2008 11:07 am

I did this yesterday, i had the fermenter sitting up on a cupboard, and at least 2 meters of hose connected to a lil bottler. 60 odd stubbies in a bread crate (on my capping table) and you just move from bottle to bottle. Its heaps quicker not having to handle each bottle :D .
Wags

Postby Smabb » Thursday Jan 01, 2009 7:33 pm

Right. Was thinking maybe you'd dispensed with the little bottler.

Well seems like an obivious move (now!) but i never thought of it. Great idea. I'll be giving it a go. pity i still have to take them out of the crate to cap though.
Smabb

Postby Bizier » Monday Apr 20, 2009 2:19 pm

Man, I am using one of the little 'Hills' pressure spray bottles from Bunnings... this is really awesome, especially for large stuff that you can't dunk in a bucket or whatever, like a bottling tree. This has streamlined my sanitation by a good margin. Thanks Wick.
Bizier

Return to General discussion