New guy

Other topics - beer-related or not.

New guy

Postby Kwestie » Sunday May 24, 2009 5:42 pm

Hi all,
I was an avid home brewer many years ago (still have the spark, but not the time and equipment at the moment).
I came across this site by chance and have been lurking in the shadows for a bit. I love most kinds of beer and started HB about 10 years ago with a mate in his garage. Over the next two years it turned into full mash and experimental brews with the sly aquisition of some spare coolroom panels and a condensor unit. Hey Presto we had a fully functioning coolroom with beer on tap. I am keen to get back into it and reckon this is the place to start at.
Kwestie

Re: New guy

Postby warra48 » Sunday May 24, 2009 8:59 pm

Welcome back to the hobby Kwestie.

You'll notice some significant improvements in what is now available by way of ingredients and equipment from what was available only 10 years ago.

Good luck.
warra48

Postby Bizier » Monday May 25, 2009 6:08 pm

warra48 wrote:Welcome back to the hobby Kwestie.

You'll notice some significant improvements in what is now available by way of ingredients and equipment from what was available only 10 years ago.

Good luck.

I have only been brewing for a year, and even I have seen huge improvements.

Living in an apartment with not even a balcony (but a fellow brewer downstairs), I am entirely jealous of your coolroom.
Bizier

Postby Kwestie » Monday May 25, 2009 8:35 pm

Bizier wrote:
Living in an apartment with not even a balcony (but a fellow brewer downstairs), I am entirely jealous of your coolroom.

It's a shame that the coolromm got dimantled when the mates house under went renovations years ago. Would like to do something like that again when i move to another place.
Kwestie

Postby drsmurto » Tuesday May 26, 2009 10:23 am

I am almost at the stage where i reckon i could convince my partner that a cool room would be cheaper to run that the 4 fridges currently using for brewing/kegging.....
drsmurto

Return to General discussion