Ashamed it's been so long!

Other topics - beer-related or not.

Ashamed it's been so long!

Postby AlcoMoo » Saturday May 09, 2009 8:46 am

I don't know why, but I stopped making homebrew :shock: soon after getting preg with #2, and looking at my activity, my last post was March 2007! Unbelievable. I got a advert from the HBS in Ballarat the other day which prompted my thoughts about this craft. So now I am feeling very ashamed at letting this slip so much, and as such, am going to launch back into it. A trip to Geelong in the near future will see a visit to the homebrew shop, and I may just have to trawl the sites once again as well.

No doubt there are lots more receipes and such on the forum since I was last here. Hopefully some of you will remember me, if not, I look forward to chatting to you all soon.

Oh, BTW. If anyone remembers that I put down a brew of stout and I commented that I was very much worried because there was no head.....well those that told me to be patient were right! Time passed and now I have a great brew of stout! It really is a long term investment the ol' stout!!!
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools. (Ernest Hemingway)
AlcoMoo

Re: Ashamed it's been so long!

Postby Osangar » Saturday May 09, 2009 9:07 am

The important thing is you are back on the wagon.

Stout is the greatest beer for long-term storage I have ever made. I have some that is nearing two years old, and it is fanatic. It just gets better.

This is terrific, as I only have one every so often – I have to be in the mood for the dark ales. Most of the time, my head is in the hops taste range.
Osangar

Postby lethaldog » Sunday May 10, 2009 8:38 pm

Welcome back moo!!!
Cheers
Leigh
lethaldog

Postby AlcoMoo » Tuesday May 19, 2009 1:06 pm

OK. Got me some yeast and I'm gearing up to break out the fermenter this weekend! Whoo hoo!
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools. (Ernest Hemingway)
AlcoMoo

Postby Trough Lolly » Tuesday May 19, 2009 4:17 pm

....resistance is futile you will be re-assimilated!! :wink:

Cheers,
TL
Image Image
Trough Lolly

Return to General discussion