thanks, it works a treat

Methods, ingredients, advice and equipment specific to all-grain (mash), partial mash (mini mash) and "brew in a bag" (BIAB) brewing.

thanks, it works a treat

Postby Osangar » Friday Jun 27, 2008 8:50 pm

Have to say right up front, I am more of a reader than a poster to these forums. Have read many posts, as I built up knowledge towards the first all grain brew. Cheers guys – have a homebrew.

A mate and I brewed for the first time on Saturday, and I can thankfully say the rig worked a treat.

I put together a simple setup:
Cooler brand drink cooler with False bottom, 4 ring burner and 50L stainless steel pot. I already had fermentors and other necessary equipment from kit and kilo brewing.

I borrowed a wort cooler and used a recipe from the HBS, who also cracked the grain for us.

Will bottle next Saturday, and see how it turns out. Even if the beer is a dud for some reason, the system works and I expect to turn out some good tasting beer after a few tries.

To anyone in WA, TWOC is a recommendation. Very helpful guy, who knows a lot about all grain brewing.

I am now hooked and expect to spend significant amounts of time; talking reading and drinking all grain home brews.
Osangar

Re: thanks, it works a treat

Postby James L » Monday Jun 30, 2008 10:40 am

Where abouts are you located Osangar?
I freely admit that I was Very Very Drunk....
"They speak of my drinking, but never consider my thirst."
James L

Re: thanks, it works a treat

Postby Osangar » Saturday Jul 05, 2008 10:03 am

Mt Lawley, Perth, WA

are you also from Perth ?
Osangar

Return to Grain brewing