Cider Query

. . . and alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages other than beer and spirits. Post discussion on recipes, methods, equipment and the like about these drinks here.

Cider Query

Postby Gusto » Sunday Apr 17, 2005 6:39 pm

Hi guys, I've had a go at a William Tell Cider mix, it's been sitting now for 18 days, the first week it went nutso but all quiet for the last week, I figure it's ready for bottling, I'm going to use the PET bottles that came with my Morgans kit, now the question is....do I need to prime the bottles with dextrose as I would for beer? TIA Gusto :wink:
Gusto

Postby grabman » Sunday Apr 17, 2005 6:59 pm

Sounds good Gusto, fire away as normal. Although a few people, me included, have found cider sometimes doesn't carbonate as well as beers do.

Let us know how it turns out, I haven't done a William Tell Cider yet!
Some people say I have a drinking Problem....
I drink, I get drunk, I fall over....
What's the problem?

http://www.brodiescastlebrewing.com/
grabman

Postby Terry » Sunday Apr 17, 2005 7:36 pm

I've noticed the same thing, the one I made turned out a bit under carbonated as well as tasting a bit yeasty. I'm not a cider drinker so I can't really compare it to others, commercial or homebrew. Made it for the mrs who then decided to get up the duff so now I have a carton of cider that I'm sure she will appreciate after much maturation. The carbonation probably won't improve too much by then though as it was really quite flat.
Terry

Cider Query

Postby Gusto » Monday Apr 18, 2005 7:12 am

I'll bottle them tonight then :D Thanks for the advice. Cheers Gusto
Gusto

Postby anti-fsck » Monday Apr 18, 2005 2:00 pm

Make sure you taste the wort before bottling. You may want to add a bit of lactose if the cider's too dry.
imbibo caveo ne canis morsus vos
http://antifsck.dyndns.org
anti-fsck

Return to Cider, ginger beer, lemonade, wine, mead . . .